[OSM-talk] We need to have a conversation about attribution

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Mar 1 16:34:27 UTC 2019

Mar 1, 2019, 3:53 PM by andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk:

> On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 at 11:56, Marc Gemis <> marc.gemis at gmail.com <mailto:marc.gemis at gmail.com>> > wrote:
>
>> > I don't recall ever giving the OSMF authority to act as my agent. Did you?
>>
>> You probably agreed to
>> https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licence/Contributor_Terms <https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licence/Contributor_Terms>>> , not ?
>>

> I believe I did.
>
> What does that have to do with my point?

You gave OSMF authority to act as your agent

Section "Rights Granted":

You hereby grant to OSMF a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual,
irrevocable licence to do any act that is restricted by copyright, database right
or any related right over anything within the Contents

(...)

These rights include, without limitation, the right to sub-license the work
 through multiple tiers of sub-licensees and to sue for any copyright violation
directly connected with OSMF's rights under these terms.