[OSM-talk] We need to have a conversation about attribution

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Mar 4 17:12:09 UTC 2019

Am 03.03.2019 um 12:54 schrieb Ineiev:
> So, when someone violates that license when using the work of
> those contributors, any of them may sue the violator, mayn't they?

As the user is operating on a licence from the OSMF, the foundation
would have to make the determination that the users licence is actually
void, so the answer is in practical terms no (you are not a party to
that agreement).

That is using a rather wide definition of sue, as in "take some formal
legal action" and naturally you can always do that,  the chances of
achieving something instead of just spending money tend to vary though.