[OSM-talk] Windows, end users and OpenStreetMap suggestions please

John Whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 20:09:08 UTC 2019

Looking at it there are technical solutions that would work but they all
require some expertise.

Probably OSMand under an Android emulator would be the simplest for an
end user to use and even then I find some of the functionality of OSMand
difficult to use sometimes.

For native Windows 10 use off line Maperitive I think takes the candle
but the syntax required to say find me the supermarkets in this off line
map and let me scroll through them means the user interface is not as
simple as it could be.  Also the focus of the search changes its
characteristics as you scroll through the list.

If you have a reasonable Internet connection available then the web
solutions work reasonable well but I was really after something like iD
that would work off line.

Many thanks for the input for the moment I think the solution that
requires the least technical knowledge is a printed map.

Cheerio John

--
Sent from Postbox