[OSM-talk] Your thoughts on osm.org

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Tue Mar 12 21:53:59 UTC 2019

Mar 12, 2019, 5:58 PM by m at rtijn.org:
  Imagine the openstreetmap.org home page, but without the map.
  What would the home page be about instead? What would be on it?
Why not slightly redesign the front page with a colorfull top ribbon
 + revising the content to  respond better to the public in general
    and the contributors (confusion with the users !)
Hierarchical  Top/Down menu would let better structure the content for each audience and present more subjects.  Below is a rough design that could be improved.
EditHistoryExport

Join the OpenStreetMap Community
- About OpenStreetMap- Getting help to contribute
  (Where LearnOSM and other material should be listed)
- OpenStreeMap License (OdBL)
- Signup new account- Login with your nickname

OSM Community Workspace
- Projects
- National Chapters- Communications   - Contributors Diaries (renaming to Blog ?)
  - help.openstreetmap  - Discussion lists  - Forums  - irc

Contributor workspace
- GPS Traces- Diary- My Messages- My Profile- My Options
- Disconnect
Pierre