[OSM-talk] [Wiki] RFC - Deletion policy

Tigerfell tigerfell-688 at tuta.io
Thu Mar 14 10:20:41 UTC 2019

Dear fellow mappers,
 We would like to invite you to participate in drafting a deletion policy for wiki pages. As you might have noticed, there were conflicts based on requests to delete wiki pages and especially drafts of proposals. One of the arguments in favour of deletion was avoiding confusion and clutter. The other side argued basically that they wanted to keep everything as all of the fragments ensemble OpenStreetMap's history. Based on the input of several contributors, we drafted a deletion policy over the span of one and a half months.
 Even though it is not absolutely complete yet, we would appreciate your feedback.
The draft is currently located at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Tigerfell/Crafting <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Tigerfell/Crafting>

Kind regards,
Tigerfell
(on behalf of all participants of the discussion)

PS: You can find the previous process for deleting at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Delete <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Delete> if you want to compare them.