[OSM-talk] Maproulette

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Fri Mar 15 14:25:56 UTC 2019

> On Mar 15, 2019, at 4:39 AM, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com> wrote:
>
> Are you aware about any location across the world that suffers from
> lack of tasks in Maproulette for mappers?
>
> I would create something there (though not for shop=yes, it often requires survey).

You can create a global challenge if you want, but 140,000 may be stretching it a bit on the server. You’re welcome to try though.
There are a few ways in which mappers can narrow down to ‘local’ tasks.
1) when you zoom in far enough on the main map you will see all tasks in the area and you can create a ‘virtual’ challenge with just those tasks
2) You can opt to work on tasks based on proximity to the current task. This will prevent you from ‘jumping’ randomly around the world
3) Soon, MapRoulette will also support mobile devices natively
4) If you’re a developer or technically inclined, you can use the MapRoulette API to retrieve tasks selectively, https://maproulette.org/docs/swagger-ui/index.html <https://maproulette.org/docs/swagger-ui/index.html> you’re welcome to use this in any app or other web site.

Martijn