[OSM-talk] Proposed mechanical edit - elimination of osmarender:nameDirection - blatant tagging for the renderer

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 17 21:09:16 UTC 2019

Mateusz
There's also a few osmarender:renderName in the UK. Maybe check
osmarender:* to collate all?

Simon
Never comprehended the reluctance to remove dead items. Does stepping
the version /really/ cause any harm?
Contributors, especially newbies, often copy tags from existing examples
with redundant tags often propagating as result.

We allow everybody to add data (which I agree with), but there's an
increasing resistance to anybody suggesting tag removal.

If it improves database quality, then go for it.

DaveF