[OSM-talk] Why we square buildings (WAS: iD invents nosquare=yes for buildings which should not be squared)

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sat May 11 19:43:37 UTC 2019

>Are buildings with rectangular corners buildings mappers from developed
countries want to see on a map because they look more professional/tidy? ;-)

I think the original problem was some buildings mapped in Nepal were of
very poor quality and one way to pick them out quickly was to look for none
squared buildings.

My personal view is if you square a building you are approximating and that
is never good on the quality side.

Cheerio John