[OSM-talk] Downsides of storing QA data in OSM data, Way ids! | Re: iD invents nosquare=yes for buildings which should not be squared

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Sun May 12 10:29:33 UTC 2019

There certainly is benefit to piggybacking QA data on the OSM databases,
but there are downsides. Moving a node will not change the way's version
id. This change can make the building square/notsqure/overlap/whatever.
The way needs to be rechecked by the QA tool. But it can't know know
that from the way version.