[OSM-talk] Remove validation rule asking to add highway=footway to railway/public_transport=platform

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Fri May 24 14:23:38 UTC 2019

On 24/05/2019 10:41, Phil Wyatt wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> As a relatively new OSM editor, I tend to agree with the explicit tagging rather than implicit - it should help folks learn tags much faster

Hi Phil

1) Even for newbies, common sense should tell you that railway=platforms
are for the purpose of being walked on - it doesn't require a
confirmation tag.

2) iD developers quincylvania & bhousel are *implying* when saying _all_
platforms should have this tag*:

"iD should add highway=footway automatically and recommend upgrading
features lacking this tag."

* if a platform isn't accessible for some reason, an appropriate tag
such as access=* or disused:* can be used

DaveF