[OSM-talk] Remove validation rule asking to add highway=footway to railway/public_transport=platform

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Mon May 27 14:45:44 UTC 2019

For a very long time I have been trying to adopt the public_transport
scheme. After several years of asking it would be rendered on its own
without the need for highway=bus_stop tags, I'm giving up on it and came to
the conclusion that

highway=bus_stop on nodes next to the highway

and

highway=platform / railway=platform on dedicated OSM ways, where actual
platforms exist

works just fine.

This has been discussed on the public transport list very recently, but as
usual, without any resolution one way or the other. Status quo rules.

It is disingenious of iD developers to muddy the waters further though.

Polyglot