[OSM-talk] mass iD validation arrives in NYC

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Tue May 28 15:13:49 UTC 2019

See yesterday's changesets:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/70676813 (
https://nrenner.github.io/achavi/?changeset=70676813 )
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/70676888 (
https://nrenner.github.io/achavi/?changeset=70676888 )

I believe this is just a casual user browsing around in iD and making
the suggested changes it advises -- to about 1000 objects. These giant
changesets are nearly impossible to review. My fear here is that iD's
new validator will make QA extremely challenging in dense areas.

Scrolling through the tag additions, these changesets look almost
identical to the behavior of a bot... or rather like 6 or 7 bots
operating at once. If they *had* been made by a bot that was following
the mechanical edit guidelines, they could be comprehended and reviewed.
But the various tagging changes are all mixed up together in a single
changeset, along with whatever the mapper reidpelton's *actual* changes
were -- if any.

So how do I even begin to do QA on this? I don't see any options other
than 1) mass-revert or 2) skip review of all large changesets that
appear to be triggered by iD validation. Any other suggestions?

Jason