[OSM-talk] mass iD validation arrives in NYC

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue May 28 20:10:23 UTC 2019

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 10:53 AM Dave F via talk <talk at openstreetmap.org>
wrote:

> I notice these changesets were completed in 30/60 seconds respectively.
> I don't use iD. How is this possible? Does it have a JOSM like mass edit
> ability?
>
> Yes - JOSM does allow mass fixes through the validator. I've even seen
suggestions to fix objects on ways that are outside of the downloaded area.
For example, missing power poles on power lines. I don't "fix" those
because the validator is just looking at a node without a power pole. Often
their isn't a pole at that location according to the imagery.

Best,
Clifford

--
@osm_washington