[OSM-talk] How to Translate Strings in OSM to other languages

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri May 31 18:37:47 UTC 2019

31 May 2019, 19:47 by tshrinivasan at gmail.com:

> For translation, I got few contributors, who can translation if give
> the exact content in a excel sheet or in some translation system.
> They are not willing to explore osm, jsom, overpass query etc for
> translating the strings.

note: what I propose below is not existing at this moment, though maybe it
would be a good idea to create something like this

What about an Android application that displays map, with markers for
locations where name in one of local languages is missing?

And user can fill such missing names, based on ground survey as one walks
across town/village/neighbourhood?