[OSM-talk] [Osmf-talk] Reminder: OSM Etiquette guidelines

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 09:52:50 UTC 2019

I've read this several times in different occasions, but I never understood
the "no conspiracy theory" clause. Who decides what a conspiracy theory is,
and what a conspiracy? Wouldn't it be a perfect means to silence criticism,
if one wanted, to declare any critique a "conspiracy theory"?

Similarly, "nitpicking". When is something "nitpicking" and when is it a
useful observation of a detail? Especially in tagging discussions, "no
nitpicking" doesn't necessarily seem to be a productive instruction.

Could you please clarify? Maybe I missed something and you didn't mean to
point to the 11 June 2011 version, which according to the wiki is the
binding OSMF adopted version of the etiquette guidelines?

Cheers
Martin