[OSM-talk] osm2pgsql 1.2.0

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Tue Nov 5 08:04:45 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 05, 2019 at 12:16:30AM +0100, wambacher at posteo.de wrote:
> i'm using osm2pgsql-0.96 right now. Is it possible (and meaningful) to
> switch to osm2pgsql-1.2.0?
>
> Must i change anything in my database? Runing diff updates using a flatfile.

You can switch from 0.96 to 1.2 any time. The database layout
is compatible between the two versions. The only difference is
that 1.x no longer supports old-style multipolygons. That should
not be an issue with the curent planet anyway.

I'd always recommend using the latest release to get the latest fixes.
However, the main performance improvements for 1.2 are noticable during
import. If you prefer a packaged 0.96 over a self-compiled 1.2, then
it's not too much loss to remain with the packages version.

Sarah