[OSM-talk] Addressing SIG

Tom Russell tom.russell at ouce.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 6 19:30:12 UTC 2019

Am Mi., 6. Nov. 2019 um 09:17 Uhr schrieb Oleksiy Muzalyev <oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch<mailto:oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch>>:
On the main osm.org<http://osm.org> site one can right-click on a building and select "Show address" or "Add a note here" . What if a new type of a note is introduced, a structured address note?

This is something I’ve been thinking about recently, with a slightly broader interest in building data more generally.

As part of an academic project (https://colouring.london/) looking at buildings in London in the UK, we’re thinking about how to collect various building data attributes. We’re not currently using OpenStreetMap data for our buildings, however I would be interested to look into ways of linking to, working with, or building on OSM in the future.

It might be interesting to create a lighter, more restricted user interface for editing the map, for example following the idea of an “Address” structured note, or to collect other data about buildings (number of storeys, commercial use). Or I could imagine a system that doesn’t edit OSM directly but creates a “review queue” of linked data which could feed into the main database as mappers work through it.

All early ideas - in any case, I’ll be interested to follow an Addressing SIG.

Best wishes,
Tom