[OSM-talk] SOTM Africa

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Sun Nov 24 07:13:55 UTC 2019

By the way, a new aircraft will be available in stores soon, the DJI
Mavic mini (no affiliation). Its take-off weight is 249 grams, i.e. it
does not require a registration (in some countries where a registration
is compulsory).
It is capable to turn the camera 90 degrees downward:
https://www.dji.com/ch/mavic-mini/specs . It is easy to take such a
light foldable quad-copter to a survey.

There is an interesting development in long range RC planes too. The
"Sonicmodell Binary 1200mm Wingspan Twin Motor Multi-role Aerial Survey
FPV Platform Mapping RC Airplane" has got inbuilt compartment for a
mapping camera:
https://www.banggood.com/Sonicmodell-Binary-1200mm-Wingspan-EPO-Twin-Motor-Multirole-Aerial-Survey-FPV-Platform-Mapping-RC-Airplane-KIT-p-1473014.html

I mean the aerial photography technology keeps developing. I still
remember how we had to use kites to lift a camera in the air with varied
success.

Best regards,
Oleksiy