[OSM-talk] [Osmf-talk] SOTM Africa

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Nov 24 08:21:21 UTC 2019

Mandatory attendance would discourage
real volunteers.

I prefer on board someone who represents
OSM community and is unable to be present
on SOTM Africa over someone who is able to make trip there
but is representative of a company
that deliberately fails to properly attribute mappers*

*for example Facebook (that is problematic also for many other reasons).
It makes presence of its representatives/employees/etc on
OSMF board highly unwelcome.

24 Nov 2019, 01:05 by steve at stevecoast.com: