[OSM-talk] Wiki templates and DataItems

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 20:39:42 UTC 2019

Hi Yuri,

Le ven. 22 nov. 2019 à 18:31, Yuri Astrakhan <yuriastrakhan at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> I would love to fully transition to data items, as it would make
> translation and cross-language tag consistency far easier.

So am I!

> We now have a data item editor you can enable by going to preferences /
> gadgets, and enabling it.

This is a great improvement. It make the edition easier and may convince
more users to move towards data items.

I don't understand why WEF links between Key and Tag give the same editor
when used on a tag page?

The biggest need in short term regards TagInfo, which currently can't catch
the benefits of dataitems
It requires Ruby capabilities to help, but I'm not enough knowledgeable of
this language I'm afraid.

All the best

François