[OSM-talk] routing over bollards mapped as linear ways

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 20:09:27 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 13. Oct 2019, at 21:44, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfeifer at computer.org> wrote:
>
> - should we required extra tagging of the shared node, or abolish such way barriers?

there are also barriers that are rarely represented as nodes, like guard rails, fences, walls, retaining walls, chains, etc. so checking for barrier ways would probably be required for good routing on OpenStreetMap data (even if experienced mappers often not presume that routers evaluate them, hence they add additional information on the crossing node, ideally it should not be necessary).

Ciao Martin