[OSM-talk] [Osmf-talk] Attribution guideline status update

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Sun Sep 8 21:48:05 UTC 2019

I don't want to sound overly simplistic, but as a copyright holder, I believe if ANY amount of my (or "our" in the sense of copyright shared among many individuals, as are the rights in OSM's ODbL) data-under-license are included in a derivative work, and I mean ANY non-zero amount, "attribution" (as ODbL defines attribution) is legally required.

I believe ODbL agrees with this (there is no mention of "percentages" there), though I am not an attorney.  Why is this so difficult?

"Any non-zero amount of OSM data yields a legal requirement for proper attribution."  Do I miss something?

SteveA
<remainder redacted for brevity>