[OSM-talk] Tagging Governance

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Wed Sep 11 10:43:03 UTC 2019

On Wednesday 11 September 2019, Richard Fairhurst wrote:

> The main thing we're missing is curated, simple information on the
> main tags that are _used_.

Indeed.  And i would go even further:  Any documentation of the de facto
use of tags written by humans (i.e. that goes beyond automatic analysis
like taginfo), written and maintained in a way that ensures it actually
does document the de facto situation, would be immensely useful and
important.

> It needs an
> editor/curator/whatever, to have clear editorial guidelines, and
> probably to run on the pull request model rather than open editing.

Is there any mature and writer centric software that implements this
kind of model?  I mean that from the perspective of a documentation
author offers a wiki like functionality with decent preview and
formatting but at the same time comes with a kind of version management
and functions to facilitate editorial review and discussion.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/