[OSM-talk] MS GitHub? | Re: Tagging Governance

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 15:23:24 UTC 2019

On 12/09/2019 13:32, Valor Naram via talk wrote:
> Why would Markdown exclude a good number of otherwise capable
> contributors? Understandable for TeX and maybe Asciidoc (don't know)
> but for Markdown this cannot be true.

If someone's less familiar with something, they're likely to volunteer
to contribute using it.  It doesn't matter if it's Markdown, TeX (is
that still a thing?  I last used it 30-odd years ago) or the solution du
jour - anything that "needs learning" is an extra step to be dealt with
before useful contribution can take place.

Even the process of moving changes from https://switch2osm.org/ to
http://switch2osm.github.io/ (which "should" have been straightforward)
turned out to be less so because of the lots of little complexities
associated with moving from one format to another.

Best Regards,

Andy