[OSM-talk] Status / Documentation of JOSM Check for Almost for almost right angle buildings

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 27 15:03:26 UTC 2019

I have obtained infos about how to run this, filing JOSM ticket https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/18171
We first need to select in the Preferences Data Validator Panel the option «Show Informational level»Then only data downloaded with selecting a BBOX is considered (does not work with Overpass query downloads).

When we click for Validation, reports are classified under-Other
  -> Building with an almost square angle

Pierre

    Le mercredi 25 septembre 2019 14 h 37 min 59 s UTC−4, Pierre Béland <pierzenh at yahoo.fr> a écrit :

 I can find some references to this subject in JOSM tickets and the definitiion of minimum  / maximum in JOSM Advanced paramenters. But I have no success to run the tests.

The JOSM ticket https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/16189  discusses about the implementation of the Check for Almost right angle with reference to the two parameters to control minimum and maximum angles for building polygons to detect.
>From JO§M advanced preferences, I see that the two variables have default values.
validator.RightAngleBuilding.maximumDelta=1
validator.RightAngleBuilding.maximumDelta=10
To test this function, I did assure that I have Expert Mode selected and that I have angles in building polygons closed to right angle. But Running the Validator Check function from the Validation Pannel, I do not see any warnings added to the Validation Results.

Could somebody tells me the status of this function and help me to understand how to run this function ?

Pierre