[OSM-talk] Overpass API version 0.7.56

Roland Olbricht roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Tue Apr 14 05:09:15 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I'm back with providing updates. After more than a year I'm proud to
present a new release. This release provides some smaller new features.

It is possible to use _angle()_ to filter ways by the angles of their
inner vertices. This way, you can find e.g. non-rectangular buildings or
unintended whiskers.
https://dev.overpass-api.de/blog/total_0_7_56.html#angle

A recurse can now be restricted by the relative position of the entry in
the object. I.e. you can obtain only the first or only the last node of
a way.
https://dev.overpass-api.de/blog/total_0_7_56.html#memberpos

The idea of _nwr_ has been extended both to variants _nw_, _wr_, and
_nr_. And it is now possible with the <em>count</em> evaluator as well.
https://dev.overpass-api.de/blog/total_0_7_56.html#type_shortcuts

For the users of own instances, queries can now be passed by the command
line parameter _--request=_ as well.

Two larger features have been hold back because they break the database
layout, and I do not want to do that too often: support for large
objects (which are necessary to have Antarctica as an area) and a
reoriganization of access to attribution data (changeset ids, user ids,
user names). I intend to bundle them with the necessary changes to use
ways and relations directly as areas,
but that is not implemented yet.

Best regards,

Roland