[OSM-talk] Funding of iD Development and Maintenance

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 11:59:51 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 2. Aug 2020, at 13:49, Mikel Maron <mikel.maron at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As part of this focus, we want to organise coordinated funding to support continued maintenance and development of the iD editor, as iD's strong continuous development over the past several years has served the OSM community well.

this is very exciting news. Part of the work could be invested to align iD’s tagging suggestions with the community expectations for established tags.
There’s also this impressive list of contested decisions from the past, which could merit looking at when thinking about the direction that iD shall go to:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID/Controversial_Decisions

Cheers Martin