[OSM-talk] Funding of three infrastructure projects : Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch 2

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 15:22:17 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 4. Aug 2020, at 16:53, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:
>
> but it isn't a good measure of what the OSMF should spend its money on, weere applying an 80/20 rule is likely to be far more appropriate.

As I have said, I’m fine with spending 2500 on a dead proprietary technology because some long term contributors rely on it and because it’s part of our legacy, but only because I’m not applying an 80/20 rule, but an 99/1 rule ;-) With an 80/20 approach it would not make sense because there are already a lot of alternative editing possibilities available.

> . Definitely nobody is going to embark on the multi-million undertaking that writing and bringing to production a new editor is

you are suggesting that the PL2 development is worth several millions of dollars/euros/pounds? Let’s remain serious. Several millions would be tens of man-years.

Cheers Martin