[OSM-talk] [Osmf-talk] Funding of iD Development and Maintenance

Guillaume Rischard openstreetmap at stereo.lu
Wed Aug 5 12:51:17 UTC 2020

On 5 Aug 2020, at 12:31, Mateusz Konieczny via osmf-talk <osmf-talk at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Have you reached out to JOSM devs about also supporting their work?

Hi Mateusz,

Yes, I have told them explicitly and clearly that for us, the door is wide open.

During informal conversations in the past, the JOSM people have mentioned that this wasn’t really necessary for them - JOSM is something to enjoy working on after work. I understand them, I certainly waste a lot of my spare time having fun trying to improve JOSM a bit :).

If someone else wants to do work like this on JOSM, they should talk to the JOSM maintainers first.

Guillaume