[OSM-talk] Roadmap for deprecation of name tags in OSM

James james2432 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 13:04:41 UTC 2020

Not to mention if someone wants to add a name for a new item/object, does
the user need to create a wikidata item on top of it? Will the editor do it
automatically? How does it pick the right one? Does it offer a list to the
user? This is going to make osm a massive turn off to new contributors on
the steep learning curve(which is already pretty high) to contributing to
osm.

This whole idea is really terrible and could just be offered as a
post-processed data set: wikidata? use that instead of name tag.