[OSM-talk] This needs to be voted upon. (was: Re: Separating all metadata from coordinates in OSM into a wikibase instance)

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Mon Aug 10 06:06:59 UTC 2020

I didn't mean to convey or imply that a vote was impending, moreso that I seriously disagree with the proposal as unneeded, unnecessary, poorly explained as to its benefits, and (as was well described before, though I paraphrase), "a ready-made answer for a non-problem."  My apologies if anybody got the wrong impression that this was up for a vote.  Rather, here and now it is being discussed, my "No" was merely my opinion IF it went to a vote.  Better stated, I disagree with the proposal, as I see no need for it, it is over-engineered, it has no clear merit, it is confusing, it seems to be more trouble than it is worth and I feel it would chase away novice volunteers as "too complex."  The consensus, with the exception of the proposer, seems 100% in line with my opinions.  I do welcome more discussion, that's why we type here.

SteveA