[OSM-talk] Use of OSM data without attribution

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Wed Aug 19 21:44:25 UTC 2020

Hey Mike,
They definitely mention OSM, even call us a partner [1] but like you found
their basemap is definitely OSM. Instead of suggesting their users edit
OSM, they instead instruct them to email data at openstreetmap.org,

All Trails is located in SF but I couldn't find any listing of a leadership
team.

Do you want to ask on Slack? Someone there might have a connection.

[1]
https://support.alltrails.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018930672-How-do-I-update-or-change-information-about-a-trail-

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 1:03 PM Mike Thompson <miketho16 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone tried contacting the AllTrails[0] people about their use of OSM
> without attribution?  I am not talking about the "OSM Map Layer" that they
> offer, but rather the default "AllTrails Map Layer."  At the very least it
> appears that the trails on that layer come from OSM.  I know that because I
> have entered some rather obscure informal trails in OSMe, and they show up
> in AllTrails just as I entered them in OSM.
> Mike
>
> [0] https://www.alltrails.com/ (in the search box enter the name of a
> trail, park, or city to see their map.)

@osm_washington