[OSM-talk] Use of OSM data without attribution

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 14:02:44 UTC 2020

On 20/08/2020 14:43, Mike Thompson wrote:
> From Ron's quick and positive response to the attribution issue I am
> guessing he might be open to having a discussion about these other
> issues. Once the attribution issue is actually fixed, should I send
> him a note along those lines? Would you (Andy) be the appropriate
> contact for that discussion?

Yes, that'd be great, and I'd be happy to be involved in any discussions.

The https://www.openstreetmap.org/fixthemap landing page is probably the
best one right now for "the map is wrong" questions (better than
https://www.openstreetmap.org/help in this instance I'd suggest).  I'm
not aware of any wiki page that explains the whole "OpenStreetMap
contains all sorts of information, including private roads, and it's up
to mapmakers to display information appropriately to their users" thing,
but I could be wrong.

Best Regards,

Andy