[OSM-talk] Call for verification (Was: Re: VANDALISM !)

pangoSE pangose at riseup.net
Sun Aug 23 11:21:04 UTC 2020

pangoSE <pangose at riseup.net> skrev: (23 augusti 2020 08:38:45 CEST)

>Andy Allen (he runs  http://www.thunderforest.com/ which has a nice
>vector map service by the way on a free limited tier) a former member
>of the operations working group and current co-maintainer of the rails
>website posted this a year ago:
>https://gravitystorm.github.io/osmf-infra-plans/ and this july the OSMF
>and the operations working group announced hiring of a Senior Site
>Reliability Engineer:
>https://mobile.twitter.com/OSM_Tech/status/1287395222847139846
>
>This seems like a good move. We would benefit a lot from being able to
>easily load balance and adjust VMs on our own or someone elses
>openstack infrastructure where we can easily provision new servers for
>development or testing when needed instead of having dedicated physical
>hardware servers that causes availability issues if they break because
>of single point of failures.

Speaking of free software like openstack: here are a few companies that contribute to and use openstack:

* the swedish company City Cloud seems to be the only one hosting their cloud on free software with multiple re.
They are not the cheapest, but they goe datacenters in many regions and have a lot of ISO certifications and are used to dealing with GDPR compliance.
https://citycloudng.com/

* the dutch company Fuga. They do not disclose how many locations they got so I'm guessing only one in the Netherlands. They are way cheaper than City Cloud it seems and are ISO certified and GDPR compliant.
https://fuga.cloud/about-fuga/

/pangoSE
--
Skickat från min Android-enhet med k9.