[OSM-talk] Cannot find address ringvegen 45 Sørkjosen in nominatim

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sun Aug 23 20:39:19 UTC 2020

Nominatim tries to build correct address hierarchies from the data, in
particular it suspects a matching street (name) in the vicinity if an
addr:street tag is specified. While it will match a wide range on name
tags on streets (see
https://github.com/osm-search/Nominatim/blob/master/settings/import-address.style),
if none match it is not going to work.

Given that this is in Norway, I wouldn't be surprised if it is due to a
difference between //Bokmål and Nynorsk.

tl;dr version fix the street tagging and it will work .

Simon