[OSM-talk] Presenting MapComplete - a new easy-to-use editor

Pieter Vander Vennet pietervdvn at posteo.net
Wed Aug 26 18:52:51 UTC 2020

Hey everyone,

I would like to present to you my newly built editor *MapComplete.

*MapComplete started out as a tool to be simple to use for one specific
topic, namely nature <https://buurtnatuur.be/>. Users could select a
piece of forest, nature reserve or park and answer questions about it;
or they could add one of those themselves.

I set it up from the start to support multiple themes (a bit like
MapContrib), and there are already quite a few themes available now
(namely aeds <https://pietervdvn.github.io/MapComplete/aed.html>,
bicycle POI <https://pietervdvn.github.io/MapComplete/cyclofix.html>,
ghost bikes
<https://pietervdvn.github.io/MapComplete/ghostbikes.html?z=1&lat=16.299&lon=-15.46>,
toilets <https://pietervdvn.github.io/MapComplete/toilets.html>, artwork
<https://pietervdvn.github.io/MapComplete/artwork.html>, and a few more).
But OSM wouldn't be OSM if that would have been enough. By now, there is
a page available where one can create their own theme
<https://pietervdvn.github.io/MapComplete/customGenerator.html>. If you
have over 500 changesets, you can create a theme from scratch which can
be shared via URL. The customgenerator is still very unpolished but
should be usable.

Development happens on github
<https://github.com/pietervdvn/MapComplete>. If you notice an issue or
have an idea, make sure to open an issue
<https://github.com/pietervdvn/MapComplete/issues>. There are still a
ton of bugs out there, and help on translations and more themes is
definitively welcome!

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Pieter Vander Vennet