[OSM-talk] I’m running for OSMF board and I’ve set up office hours for questions

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Dec 2 22:09:49 UTC 2020

Dec 2, 2020, 22:50 by mike at teczno.com:

> The ODbL does not require that “every” person see the attribution. It requires that “any” person can.

Untrue.

"notice associated withthe Produced Work reasonably calculated to make any Person that
uses,views, accesses, interacts with, or is otherwise exposed to the ProducedWork aware
that Content was obtained from"

It is not <any person can find what is the source if they will try>, it is
<reasonably calculated to make any person aware what is the source>.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. But reading of this seems quite clear to me.

>  FB’s attribution to OSM is available to any viewer in a place that is commonly associated with attribution.

Barely visible icon that must be clicked is not a standard place for attribution.