[OSM-talk] it's not a fake, but "it's complicated"

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Feb 5 17:08:20 UTC 2020

Feb 5, 2020, 16:45 by mario at anche.no:

> something done by Kaart editors:

Are they organized mappers? Are they paid mappers?

> splitting a building into as many slices as the amount of commercial activities within the building

Sound blatantly incorrect to me. You can map shop as areas within a single building area,
but splitting building just because there are multiple shops there is incorrect.

I am not sure how and why anyone is doing this.

> but apparently when an activity is closed, it's too late to ask them to review.

It is not too late to revert if they have such approach.

> I've asked them to alert the community *before* they start each such activities, but I did not manage to get a commitment.  apparently also Kaart (as HOT) does not take any notice of the Organized Edits directive.

I recommend contacting DWG.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Data_working_group

> I've now moved to tagging as many of them them as 'fixme'.  maybe public shame will do the job.

This is not going to work. You tried contacting them and they ignored it?
Escalate to DWG.

> hints?

Send mail to DWG pointing to evidence of
"when an activity is closed, it's too late to ask them to review""does not take any notice of the Organized Edits directive"
and ignored changeset comments.