[OSM-talk] Cease use of OpenStreetMap/Antifa logo

Hartmut Holzgraefe hartmut at php.net
Thu Feb 13 12:54:05 UTC 2020

On 13.02.20 13:38, Maarten Deen wrote:

> With the risk of starting a political discussion, but you are grossly
> understating the actions of the various antifa groups.
> They are generally seen as militant left wing groups.

I know of at least three groups having "Antifa" in ther name in my
town here in Germany, only on of them has been known to be on the
militant side every once in a while, and even then that mostly meant
"try to prevent right wing demonstration marches from succeeding, even
when they are protected by the police". So while not strictly legal,
most of their actions can still be put into "civil inobedience"
category, and not really the "extremist action" one IMHO

There is no formal "THE Antifa" in Germany. There's for sure the
"Autonome Antifa" and the so called "black block", that would
qualify as unacceptable militant / extremist IMHO, but as far
as I can tell they are actually a very vocal, but nonetheless
rather small fraction of all the different groups collecting
themselves under the "Antifa" label.

--
hartmut