[OSM-talk] Creation of "Data Items" by bot for undocumented tags

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Feb 18 17:46:51 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 18.02.20 18:28, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
> Therefore, I propose that Yurikbot be changed to only add new data
> items for documented tags which already have a wiki page in at least
> one language. I do not see a benefit to creating date items for
> undocumented tags.

Agree, and I would also request that *any* automated change to the Wiki
be discussed before it is implemented. The use of bots puts too much
power in the hands of those who write them, and this must be balanced by
a requirement to involve the non-bot-writing part of the community
before launch.

Bye
Frederik