[OSM-talk] Attribution guideline update

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Feb 19 14:58:42 UTC 2020

There is a difference (a very big one), between saying "if you do X we
believe you are fulfilling the requirements of the licence" and saying
"you need to do Y to make us happy, even if it doesn't have any founding
in the licence". And that has nothing to do with winning court cases,
but all with staying true to the 6 million plus agreements the OSMF has
with OSM contributors, or put differently: behaving ethically ourselves.

Simon