[OSM-talk] Attribution guideline update

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 20:52:36 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

>> On 19. Feb 2020, at 21:10, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:
>

> Am 19.02.2020 um 20:17 schrieb Mateusz Konieczny via talk:
>> 19 Feb 2020, 17:22 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:
>> But I stick to the comment that 500px are far too many (=1000 actual retina pixels or 1500 px on a retina at 3).
>> Yes, you may easily fit at least "© OSM"
>> with link in such space.
> Just that people don't get the wrong idea, using attributing to OSM is completely out of the question, since when does Online Soccer Manager distribute geo-data?

yes of course. Pretending you could only fit the abbreviated form in 500px would be a total misrepresentation. The actual requirement for "© OpenStreetMap contributors" is around 163 pixels (measured on the current OpenStreetMap.org page/style), if you remove the contributors it’s below 100px

Cheers Martin