[OSM-talk] Attribution guideline update

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 11:06:04 UTC 2020

Am Do., 20. Feb. 2020 um 11:53 Uhr schrieb Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch>:

> The ODbL requires the attribution to be "reasonably calculated ...",
> which includes, naturally, "where the user would typically expect to
> find attribution".

indeed, that's why I posted extracts of the requirements of the
competitors. All of them have clear guidance, from the examples, only Here
allows not having the attribution on the map, while both, google and mapbox
require a permanent logo on all kinds of devices on the map and
additionally an attribution text. Here says you may have a section in the
settings that must be called ‘About HERE’ (i.e. standardized, specific
prescription) on small mobile devices.

Cheers
Martin