[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Awards 2020: calling for nominees

Ilya Zverev ilya at zverev.info
Mon Feb 24 06:59:57 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

Once again, it is time to round up everybody who has done anything good
for the map and for the community, and honour their work with an award.
We are preparing the fifth installment of the OSM Awards: please help us
build a long list of nominees.

http://awards.osmz.ru

As always, please sumbit people and projects you have noticed to the
website. Do not choose between who to mention and who isn't "worthy":
this is a call for a long list, which will be shortened later by a
closed voting. You can nominate yourself. You can nominate a friend.
Please do. The only limitation is that the person or a project must have
done something public after the 1st of July 2019. A link would be great.

We haven't changed anything since the last time: only people for the six
categories, and only teams, either communities or businesses, for the
"team" category.

The call for nominees ends on 10th of May. Which does not mean you can
postpone and eventually forget about the call. Please read the next
WeeklyOSM with the idea of nominating people in mind. Look at tools you
use and blogs you read. While saying thanks to a neighbouring mapper,
consider nominating them. By doing that, you validate their efforts and
make their year a little brighter. We all need that.

Please nominate: http://awards.osmz.ru

Ilya