[OSM-talk] CyclOSM one year anniversary

Florimond Berthoux florimond.berthoux at gmail.com
Sat Feb 29 17:00:46 UTC 2020

Hello everyone 🥳

I'm happy to announce the new version of CyclOSM v0.3.4.
It's been one year we're developing this new cycle map, and six months
since we have a world rendering on www.cyclosm.org thanks to OpenStreetMap
France.

Our aim is still to create a map that can be used every day by every
cyclists.
We're trying to exploit the OSM data the most possible to propose the more
detail cycle features and help people to map.

I'd like to present you a short change list of the work done this last six
months:
v0.2
Now rendering highway=path with bicycle=designated almost as a cycleway and
if there is segregated=yes, then as a cycleway with a footway border.

v0.3
Render cycleway=shared_lane in the same way as a shared busway. Both are
third-quality cycle infrastructure.
Add an icon for fords.
Distinguish covered bicycle/motorcycle parkings.
Now uses a semi-transparent layer for hillshading.

v0.3.2
Fill in grey roads without bicycle access.
Render man_made=water_tap + drinking_water=yes as a drinking water point.
Render man_made=monitoring_station + monitoring:bicycle=yes
Render aerialway.
Render motorways where cycling is allowed in very pale red.

v0.3.3
Draw motorroads as not cyclable.
Render access/bicycle=private roads as not bikable (grey).

v0.3.4
Render amenity=charging_station designed for bicycles.
Render administrative boundaries.
Add conditional text along the way for
bicycle|vehicle|access|motor_vehicle:conditional.

Full change log can be found here:
https://github.com/cyclosm/cyclosm-cartocss-style/releases

The map is now available by default in the following smartphone
applications:
OSMAnd
OpenMultiMaps
All-In-One Offline Maps and AlpineQuest Rando GPS

You can follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/CyclOSMorg
Comments and contributions are always welcome in order to make this map
usefull for every cyclists.

Best regards.

--
Florimond Berthoux