[OSM-talk] JOSM: hover-Coordinate by easy click into clipboard?

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Sat Jan 11 09:47:35 UTC 2020

On MacOS it is Command+Shift+C.

I wish there were such a feature on the OSM.org map. Now it is also
possible to copy the coordinates of a place,
but one has to copy a long string and then to extract the coordinates
from it. But is JOSM one gets them directly in the proper format,
something like: 47.7549028, 36.8379178

Sometimes, when adding a photo to Wikimedia Commons which has got the
coordinates in its JPG's EXIF properties, still for some reason the
coordinates do not resurface in the location's latitude and longitude
fields of the page. So, usually in such a case, I return to the OSM.org
page, copy the long string and then extract the coordinates from it
manually.

Maybe there is such a feature on the OSM.org page, but I just did not
notice it yet. Perhaps, I can also point a cursor to a place and do some
keyboard combination and only the coordinates are copied.

Best regards,
Oleksiy