[OSM-talk] Building a tile-server

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Thu Jul 2 07:41:26 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jul 01, 2020 at 03:18:30PM -0500, Tom Browder wrote:
> I am running Debian Buster on a bare-iron dedicated server with 32 Gb
> RAM, 32 cores, and a single 4 TB spinning disk. I am running Pg 12
> (the version maintained by the Pg developers) with its default
> configuration.
>
> My PostGIS is the latest Debian package version (version ?). osm2pgsql
> is also a package (version ?).
>
> Should I compile those from source?

Make sure to use osm2pgsql from backports. This always has
the newest released version.

Be aware that you'll likely need osm2pgsql 1.2.2 at the moment
to import a planet. If your import gets stuck when reading
relations then your osm2pgsql is too old.

osm2pgsql 1.2.2 should be available in backports in a couple of
days.

Sarah