[OSM-talk] expanded outdoor map on www.freemap.sk/?layers=X

Martin Ždila martin.zdila at freemap.sk
Thu Jul 9 19:35:05 UTC 2020

Hello,

Let me announce that we have expanded our outdoor map to more (european)
countries. You can see it in action at www.freemap.sk/?layers=X

Features of the outdoor map layer:
- OSM based
- rendered with help of mapnik
- marked hiking, bicycle, ski and horse trails
- nice shading and contours
- supports retina (1x, 2x, 3x stales)
- minutely updates (it under heavy load it may skew an hour or two)
- support of export to jpeg, png, svg and pdf with customizable DPI (eg.
for printing), including you custom drawing on the map
- all opensource (not only map styles and rendering engine, but also whole
webapp and backend; see https://github.com/FreemapSlovakia/)

You are also welcome to check the features of our webapp www.freemap.sk
with features like:
- multiple map layers
- drawing / measurement
- route planner (various profiles)
- elevation profile
- GPX viewer
- POI search
- user-contributed photos on the map
- live tracking (using eg. OsmAnd, Locus, ...)
- export to GPX
- wikipedia layer
- PWA

Most of it is the work of a single person (me) doing it in his free time
and therefore some features may not be 100% user friendly.

Best regards
--
Martin Ždila <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/*Martin*>
OZ Freemap Slovakia