[OSM-talk] Planned revert of added surface and tracktype tags without local knowledge in various countries

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Jul 18 17:29:50 UTC 2020

Can you link affected data in Poland?

In Poland you actually can reliably estimate real tracktype based solely
on high quality aerial images (not satellite imagery that is unlikely to be
sufficient), typically Geoportal 2 aerial and LIDAR data available in ISOK Cień dataset.

Note that your planned automatic revert likely counts as automatic
edits and needs to fullfill
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct
requirements, including support from other editors.

Jul 18, 2020, 12:53 by osm-ml at michreichert.de: