[OSM-talk] Heresy - pure discussion

Jóhannes Birgir Jensson joi at betra.is
Fri Jul 24 23:56:07 UTC 2020

Nothing beats PostGIS at the moment and there is a large migration of GIS databases going on in general where the free and free ( code and license) aspects of Postgre are major factors as well.
In my job I am running and coding for Postgre, MySQL and MSSQL servers and have previously over the past decades developed in DB2, Oracle and others. Administration is never fool proof - database flavor doesn't matter much there.Moving from Postgre would be swimming against the tide.
-------- Upprunalegt skeyti --------Frá: John Whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com> Dagsetning: 24.7.2020  23:03  (GMT+00:00) Til: Hartmut Holzgraefe <hartmut at php.net> Samrit: talk at openstreetmap.org Efni: Re: [OSM-talk] Heresy - pure discussion Thank you Hartmut,

my expertise is not in GIS databases so this is helpful to know.  My
experience is much more to do with straight SQL databases doing none GIS
 work on a variety of platforms.

Cheerio John